How to Stop Global Warming
Stop Global Warming
Global warming is an issue that literally concerns the whole world. While the different governments are taking their own steps in order to minimize the amount of impact their countries have on the environment, such as imposing laws like the Clean Air Act, there are still some steps that each individual can take to not only help slow down the effects of global warming, but also make the environment a little better as well. This article lists down some simple tips you can follow to help slow down global warming.
Some simple steps that you can take to help slow down the effects of global warming are:
- Turn off electrical equipment when not in use. This is one of the most basic tips that you can do to help prevent global warming, yet this is also one of the most easily forgotten methods. Switch off the lights when not in use. Ensure that all electrical equipment are turned off before you leave the house, since no one will be there to use these. Don't just turn these gadgets off; make sure to unplug these as well.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. The three Rs remain to be one of the most effective things that you can do to help save the environment, not just slow down the effects of global warming. Don't throw things in the trash immediately. Think of ways that you can do to reuse these. For example, you can use plastic bags to hold your other things and not just the items you originally purchased that were packed in these bags. You can also think of creative ways to re-use things, like using bottles as decorations. You can also bring things you no longer use to the local recycling center so that these won't be sent to landfills, where these will end up being burned down, resulting in even more carbon dioxide making its way to the environment.
- Add insulation to your home. Adding insulation and taking steps to check that there are no cracks or gaps in the doors, floors, or walls where the cold can get in will lessen the need of you having to turn up the heat during winter, or even the air conditioning system during summer. This will not only help in reducing your carbon footprint, it will also help lower your electricity bills as well.
- Use energy-efficient products. A lot of products have now been designed for energy efficiency, such as light bulbs and various types of electrical equipment. These consume less energy, so you will also be able to enjoy seeing your electricity bills going down when you switch to these.
- Use your legs. Instead of driving, you can instead walk to the place you need to go to if your destination isn't that far. If the place isn't nearby, you can always take public transportation or carpool with friends so there will be lesser emissions (the fact that you save up on gas money doesn't hurt, either).
- Plant trees. Trees and plants absorb carbon dioxide so that there will be less greenhouse gases in the air.
These are only some of the things that you can do to help slow down the effects of global warming. Promote your cause to your family and friends as well. That way, there will be even less carbon footprint. As more people become more conscientious about how their actions impact the Earth, the greater the likelihood that the effects of global warming will be less likely to happen.